Corbin Intermediate Schoolby Bill Jones on 07/28/15
What an exciting time to be a part of Corbin Intermediate School (CIS)! We are still celebrating our achievement of being named a Kentucky “School of Distinction,” one of the highest honors the Kentucky Department of Education gives to a school. A school must score in the 95th percentile or higher to receive this commendation.
We are also excited about last year’s success with “Project Based Learning (PBL).” While PBL is not a new concept in education, it is currently sweeping the nation because of the way it engages students in the learning process. We have four “Museum Nights” scheduled this school year to showcase our students’ work.
The 2015-16 school year promises to be filled with excitement at CIS. Just a few of the new things to look forward to this year includes:
* A school counselor that serves Corbin Intermediate and Corbin Elementary (we will also continue to also have our counselor provided by Comp Care).
* In addition to our school nurse, we will have a Physician’s Assistant to serve our entire school district.
* An additional math teacher to increase our enrichment / intervention classes.
* We have hired a certified Drama teacher that will serve Corbin Intermediate and Corbin Middle (can’t wait to see the fantastic productions of our Junior Redhound Theatre).
* Our Artwork Café will feature student art work throughout the year.
There are many more reasons to get excited about this school year. The best way to keep up with what is happening at CIS is through our social media.
* Like us on Facebook – just search for Corbin Intermediate School
* Follow us on Twitter @cisredhounds
* Follow us on Instagram @cisredhounds
We look forward to meeting all of our new students and parents as well as renewing our relationship with our returning students and parents. Feel free to stop by and visit anytime. Welcome to the wonderful world of Corbin Intermediate School.